Driving Ms. Jennifer
By admin | Feb 05th, 2011 | Uncategorized |
I WANTED TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. I am Jennifer’s Aspen Home Base and that’s a title that includes many responsibilities, most of which are a lot of fun. The most fun part of it is knowing Jennifer. She is unlike anyone I have ever met.
Over the last few days I’ve been helping manage her arrival in Honolulu. I’m just wondering if there is anyone else out there has ever:
1) Called the Coast Guard to find out if a SWIMMER needs to go through customs before they can touch the beach after crossing the Pacific Ocean.
2) Applied for a Mooring Permit with the Ala Wai Harbor, spoken with Harbor Master on the phone twice (he was very nice).
3) Collaborated with LA-based travel agent (Dave Formella–great guy, very professional) regarding lodging for Ms. Jennifer upon her arrival in Honolulu to make sure she is in the best possible property to relax and unwind after her journey.
4) Emailed back and forth with friends in Australia who are traveling to Hawaii to meet Jennifer (Mimi, please feel free to call me if you have any questions).
5) Helped Jennifer’s husband coordinate the delivery of a package to Jennifer upon her arrival (Great speaking with you, Mr. Figge, please feel free to call me if you need anything else).
6) Emailed an editor at Vogue to her know Jennifer crossed another ocean.
7) Responded to a blog post by a class of third graders in Illinois that have been following Jennifer’s swim.
That was just in the last 24 hours, though this is a very busy and exciting time. Everyone at Aspen Home Base is very proud of one of our town’s most beloved athletes. We dream of the Pacific as we brave the subzero temperatures earlier this week and now, several inches of snowfall (though we definitely prefer the latter).
Jennifer has such a wonderful crew on the boat, but we’re proud to be her crew on land.
Thanks to everyone for all your wonderful comments.
ABC (Aspen Base Camp)
200 Sesame Street
Aspen, CO 81611